If you were to climb around in my brain and make yourself at home for a bit, when you climbed back out these are fifteen concepts I’d want you to take away with you:
1. Power and wealth are becoming ever more concentrated.
2. The masses have been fractured by identity politics to take the pressure off a global billionaire class intent on continuing to run our world on war, debt, toxins, and extraction.
3. Information needed to make informed individual and collective choices is being suppressed.
4. Technological advancements have outstripped our ethical frameworks, though admittedly those frameworks were never all that robust.
5. Strategic investments have hijacked civic, academic, and faith-based institutions. These entities are busy repackaging surveillance capitalism as data-driven stakeholder capitalism. We’re to be good digital-citizen subjects of e-government solutionism run through public-private partnerships (or fascism).
6. The elite aim to remake the earth as a planetary computer under their total control.
7. That virtualization will be coded into existence with coerced, unfree labor: children, prisoners, refugees, people with disabilities, and the global poor.
8. Satellites and sensor networks will track and predict the actions of populations made disposable by Globalization 4.0: platform labor and digital scrip / programmable money.
9 The future of “work” for many, in the planned Fourth Industrial Revolution being rolled out now, will be assigned pathways of “self-improvement.” One’s level of compliance will inform hedge fund bets made on portfolios of human capital. This is pay for success finance tied to outcomes-based contracts in privatized education, healthcare, housing and food assistance. Universal Basic Income is the cheese for this panopticon mousetrap. Don’t take the bait.
10. The elite view life, spirit, and consciousness mechanistically – electrical engineering challenges that can leveraged to generate profit for themselves.
11. Medical passports, digital systems of enclosure and dispossession, are reframing natural life as a security threat.
12. Spatial reality, life experienced through deepening layers of data, are poised to radically magnify historically oppressive systems.
13. Life in the cloud emerged from military research and is an imperial project.
14. A centuries-long program of colonization and eugenics, taken to the cellular level with bioengineered gene therapies, is reaching its conclusion. Sophisticated targeting techniques are gradually conditioning people, especially children, to accept being transformed into sites of data extraction, ending natural life as we know it.
15. In my heart I believe we can grow a global peace movement to counter the planned Artificial Intelligence coup. We can refuse to play the billionaires’ militarized human capital hedge fund game, and in taking responsibility we can begin to heal. Restoring right relationships between one another and the planet is the imperative. Uniting with our magnificent sibling beings we will continue to write our own symphony, an ode to the creator, to mystical, natural life. That is the work. We welcome you.
Spring will come.
The transhumanists will fly too close to the sun.
In the meantime stand in your truth from a place of love.
This poem, Landscape With The Fall Icarus, goes with the featured image, a painting of the same name by Pieter Bruegel c 1558.
According to Brueghel
when Icarus fell
it was spring
a farmer was ploughing
the whole pageantry
of the year was
the edge of the sea
sweating in the sun
the wings’ wax
off the coast
a splash quite unnoticed
By William Carols Williams 1962